- We believe in one God; self-existent in three Persons, co-equal and co-eternal; Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the Bible, God’s infallible Word, fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, the supreme authority for faith and practice.
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, who became man, being conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin. He lived a sinless life and died a substitutionary death as a complete sacrifice for the sins of all mankind. He arose bodily from the dead and ascended to the right hand of the Father where He is now our interceding High Priest.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is a Divine Person who reveals Christ, both in a ministry to the world by restraining evil and by convicting of sin, and in a ministry to the Church by indwelling, empowering, guiding, and teaching all Christians.
- We believe that man was made in the image and likeness of God and by transgression incurred guilt before God, depravity of soul, and spiritual death.
- We believe in the universal atonement Christ provided for all mankind and that they who do repent and believe on Him are justified and regenerated from the guilt and practice of sin.
- We believe in entire sanctification as a definite crisis experience subsequent to regeneration. It is wrought on the basis of faith and consecration through the infilling of the Holy Spirit by which the believer is cleansed from all sin and to which the Spirit testifies.
- We believe in the progressive growth in grace toward Christian maturity through a consistent Christian life of good works which springs from faith in God and obedience to His Word. This growth we believe to be a necessary complement to the above mentioned crisis experience.
- We believe in the true universal Church as the Body of Christ and Temple of the Holy Spirit. It is composed of all true believers in Christ. It was created by Him for worship and fellowship and is commissioned by Him to publish the Gospel to all the world.
- We believe in the personal return of Christ who shall come with power and great glory to gather the Church to Himself, to establish His millennial kingdom, and to judge the quick and the dead.
- We believe in the resurrection of the just, who shall enter into an actual eternal heaven, and the resurrection of the unjust, who shall go away into an actual and eternal hell.
Our community of interdependent students, faculty, and staff seeks to honor and obey Jesus Christ, who is present in Spirit and speaks in Scripture, and to advance God’s purposes in the lives of every member.
Our academic and student development programs cultivate a deep and enduring faith that affirms the authority of Scripture and embraces Christ as the authentic center of life.
Our traditional undergraduate and adult curriculum inte¬grates faith and learning in a scholarly environment that fosters critical and creative thinking, academic excellence, and professional competence.
Our emphasis on ministry and missions extends beyond the classroom into real-world experiences that prepare students for a lifetime of service in ministry.
Our students experience and engage the world in ways that prepare leaders to serve and transform their professions, churches, and communities.
We seek to provide an excellent academic environment for the acquisition of both knowledge and wisdom.
Welcome to Ohio Christian University! There are thousands of colleges and universities that offer a quality education, but on many campuses students are just a number. Ohio Christian University is different.
As a regionally accredited university, OCU is committed to academic excellence, but our commitment doesn’t end there. Solid academic programs are complemented by unique opportunities for mentorship, spiritual growth, and personal development. Our outstanding faculty and administration are committed to the success of every student. We will spend time getting to know you and investing in your life.
As President, I enjoy traveling with student groups and spending time with the leaders of tomorrow. My wife and I even invite students into our home throughout the year. Whether it’s sharing a home-cooked meal or opening our doors for an informal gathering, we look for ways to invest in the life of every student.
Don’t be a number. Come to Ohio Christian University. Let us help you reach your life dreams and educational goals. We train leaders to change the world!
See you soon,
Dr. Mark A. Smith