Education for the classroom, entertainment for the family!
Presented in a storyteller’s enthusiastic manner, these accounts of people and events are supplemental to the material heard in What in the World? Volume 2. This 3-CD set contains more short vignettes of history, short biographies of fascinating people, and short descriptions of incredible events, all told in the author’s internationally renowned, enthusiastic, and captivating style.
Together, you will
- Sail the high seas of adventure with author Diana Waring, charting the vast coastlines of history and encountering its mysterious inhabitants.
- Hear the exploits of great European knights, the diplomacy of clever Asian warriors, and the technological marvels of Islam’s advanced civilization.
- Travel enormous distances to an unknown shore, taking the gospel of Jesus Christ to people of a different language and culture.
- Experience the thrill of discovery with the intrepid explorers and brilliant inventors of the Middle Ages.
- how the Canon of New Testament Scripture was chosen, and why
- the incredible exploits, adventures, and demise of Attila the Hun
- the life and times of Saint Columba
- the splendor and might of the Islamic Empire during the time of Europe‘s “Dark Age”
- the Byzantine Empire in its glory and strength
- Alfred of England
- the Truce of God
- Medieval Europe
- the voyages and discoveries promoted by Prince Henry the Navigator
- the unbelievable story of Cortez
- the revival and missionary movement of the Moravians
- Sir Isaac Newton
- the South Sea adventures of Captain Cook
From the “History Revealed” curriculum. View the entire collection.
Diana Waring, author of the History Revealed curriculum, discovered years ago that "the key to education is relationship." Beginning in the early 80's, Diana homeschooled her children through high-school—providing the real life opportunities to learn how kids learn. Mentored by educators whose focus was to honor Him who created all learners, and with an international background (born in Germany, university degree in French, lifelong student of world history), Diana has been enthusiastically received by audiences on four continents.